Student Visa

Do you like our content? We are upported by community readers like you, for just €2 a month, you can have unlimited access to all the articles, the discussion and classified ad functions; and you can help us to keep the web server up and running and produce new contents.

All applications for student visas require the following documents (1 original plus 1 copy):

    • passport or official travel document valid for at least 3 months beyond the validity date of the visa requested. The passport must have a blank page available for the visa to be affixed;
    • visa application form to be signed by applicant in the presence of a Consular Officer;
    • one recent passport photograph (2x2 inches in size, full face, front view, color);
    • proof of permanent residence in the U.S., in the form of a green card or valid U.S. long term visa. B1/ B2 visas are not accepted. NON-US students must have a valid I-20 and exchange visitors a valid I-66;
    • complete documentation on the course or cultural program that will be attended (visas will not be issued for private school programs in basic language instruction);
    • affidavit of financial support from the applicant's parents acknowledged by a public notary, or signed in front of the Consular officer;
    • most recent bank statement of parents or legal guardian
    • proof of health insurance coverage, unlimited and worldwide: the policy coverage must indicate that the Italian provider will be paid directly by Insurance Company.

No fee requested.

Please be advised that the Consular Office may request any additional documents at its discretion.

Within eight days from your arrival in Italy you have to appear before the local police authority in order to receive the "Residency Permit" (Permesso di Soggiorno), which is the only legal document, which legitimizes your stay in the country.

Below are links to the appropriate pages on each Italian Consulate websites (in the US)

NEW INFORMATION: Before you do anything though you must now get permission to apply to a school. You can find that information here Requirements for Entry


Home page

Web design ©2015 Lincoln Han.
Powered by TimeEdge® EnInvia contact and content delivery system.