Chris and Erin at The Olive Notes have bestowed upon me, the Schmooze Award!
What is the Schmooze Award, you ask?
This award goes to bloggers “who effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They donâ€™t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello – all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”
After three and a half years of blogging, I finally received my first award! Yay!
In no particular order, I’d like to pass the Schmooze Award to 5 other bloggers.
1. Annika, at Dove Mi Porta Il Cuore is my “selkie sister” and an all-around fabulous woman. She’s a mother, hairdresser, curlygirl, wife, and an Italiana-at-heart. I think her blog is everybody’s favorite blog.
2. Katie, at Olive Oil and Vino Dreams is a close friend of mine, and quite an inspiration. We met in Italy, thanks to our blogs, and have made visits to each other in Florence and Perugia a couple of times. We’ve been buddies ever since. She’s done a lot of work to get to Florence, and I think we’re all very proud of her.
3. Miss Tango, at Tango in Her Eyes, is another good friend of mine now. We met in Buenos Aires, also through our blogs, and we both have very good taste in shoes. She’s special because her blog was the first Tango-related blog for me to discover.
4. Caroline at TangoSpeak – She’s a deaf woman, single mother, who dances Argentine Tango. I’m linked to her blog through my Tango blog (which you can find in the links and in my “About Me” section). She is a wonderful writer, very sharp, and her blog is quite moving.
5. Barb and Art at Art and Barb Live in Italy are two other great friends I’ve made thanks to blogging. They live in a fabulous house in Umbria that they are trying to sell. When I think of them, I think of the beautiful Umbria hills, and I also think of food.
If you’ve been schmoozed above, here’s what to do:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the â€˜Power of Schmooze Awardâ€™ with a link to the post that you wrote.
2 comments July 31st, 2007